Fitness and Nutrition are so important to your health, and the most common thing we hear from folks who are wanting to start a fitness program and clean up their eating is they are too busy and just don’t have the time. We all said , “if I had a personal chef make all my meals for me I could eat healthy too” or “all the movie stars have personal trainers that’s why they are so in shape and “they don’t work or they don’t have kids”
One of our main missions at BMF, is to help those who feel like they are too busy to invest in themselves. People just like us! We know firsthand how busy people are, because we are just as busy too.
I have worked in corporate America for almost 16 years and am a full time mom (get that did not say part time, if you have a family and children nothing is ever part time even if you work!) I commute into my corporate office everyday and when I am not in the corporate office, I am on the road traveling. When I am not working, I am Mom and Wife, which means I am carpooling or attending school events soccer, basketball, volleyball, Girl Scouts, doing homework, washing clothes, cleaning dishes…and the list goes on and on.
I get busy, but I have also made a commitment to get workouts in and eat the right foods for my body. I won’t lie, you have to plan your day and your meals and make a effort. It does not just happen.
We thought it would be helpful to share a glimpse into our days and how we fit in our foods and workouts given our busy schedules.
Jessica’s Average Weekday:
- 5:00am: Wake up
- 5:00 -5:30am: Workout
- 530- 7:00am: Shower, Get Kids up, feed and get ready, gather breakfast, lunches and most important coffee!
- 7:00-7:30am: Drop Kids Off at School ( schedule is a little different in summer)
- 7:30-8:15am: Commute to work
- 8:15am: Breakfast at desk
- 8:15am-5:00pm: Full Time Job (eat lunch at my desk) 11:30 – lunch
- 5:00-6:00pm: Commute home
- 6:00am: Depending on day:
- Pick up kids from after school activities or they still maybe at some of there earlier practices
- Cook dinner or eat dinner if we have prepped that week some days everyone eats at different times because of practices but we generally all eat the same food
- 6:30pm -9:00pm: Combination of carpools to and from kids sports, homework dishes from dinner and our 3 mile walk (30-45 mins)that we pretty much get in every night
- 9:00-10:00pm: Kids to bed and relaxation time (BMF work/Internet research, my guilty pleasure TV time or reading a book.
- 10:00pm: Bed time
- 6:30-7:00am: Wake up
- 7:00am: 30 Minute Workout and 3 mile walk
- 9:00am-6:00pm: Usually dedicated to kids sports and events, if we are not at a sporting event we are running errands. Sometimes there is some free time for the pool, college ball or any other fun activity!
- We try to eat lunch between 11:00am and 1:00pm on the weekend just depending on the schedule (If we are out and about we are looking for healthy options like a salad bar or even s subway)
- Saturday’s are our cheat days…so it is out to a restaurant or out with friends for dinner and drinks
- 7:00-8:00am: Wake up
- 8:00am: Grocery store for weekly shopping
- 9:00am: 3 mile walk
- 10:00am-4:00pm: Kids sports , errands , house chores, relaxation if we get the time
- 4:00pm: Meal prep for the week and dinner for Sunday night
- 5:30pm: Dinner
- 6:30pm: Sunday family yoga
- 6:30-9:00pm: Get everyone ready for the week and relaxation
- 10:00pm: Bed Time
Hilary doesn’t have kids yet, but that doesn’t mean her schedule isn’t full. She works a full time job and has been in corporate American for 11 years. When she isn’t spending time at work she is running around with friends, family or doing chores around the house.
Hilary’s Average Weekday:
- 5:00 am wake up
- 5:00 – 5:30 workout
- 5:30- 7:00 let dogs out , feed them, make coffee, shower, prepare shake and head out the door
- 7:00 -7:30 commute to work
- 7:30 – 4:30 full time job (eat lunch at my desk) 11:30 – lunch eat my snack at 9:30 and 3:00
- 4:30 -5:30 commute home
- 5:30 – 10:00 feed dogs, do 3 mile walk, prepare dinner by either using prepped food or cook dinner from scratch, (we order thai on Wednesday nights and usually eat Friday nights), do laundry, work on BMF Business, spend time with husband watching our favorite TV shows, shower up and try to be in bed no later than 10 pm. Sometimes I have dinner with the girls, Husband has dinner with friends etc.
- 6:00- 6:30 Wake up, Make Coffee and work on BMF
- 7:30-8:00 Get my 30 minute workout in
- 8:00 – 9:00 take our 3 mile walk
- 9:00 – 11:00 run errands, do yard work, meet with up friends or family
- 11:30 – 12:30 usually eat lunch out on the weekends, try to make the healthiest choice by eating a salad some place
- 12:30 – 5:00 more errands or house chores
- 5:00 – eat out dinner on most Saturdays – meet up with friends or have a date night and enjoy an adult beverage
- 6:00 – 6:30 Wake up, Make Coffee and get ready for church
- 9:30-10:30 Church
- 10:30 – 12:00 Brunch with the husband
- 12:00 – 1:00 Grocery Shop
- 1:00- 2:00 Meal prep for the week
- 2:00 – 3:00 3 mile walk with the husband
- 3:00 – 10:00 enjoy the afternoon with my husband, clean up the house, prepare for the week, work on BMF, cook dinner, watch tv shows, shower up and get in bed by 10
Our days can vary quite a bit dependent on our Hubby’s, Kiddos and Work schedules, but in general this helps to show how jam packed weeks and weekends can be. Somehow, someway we fit it all in!