I am having a rough weekend with food and for some reason wanting everything that is not great for me…well not really everything…mainly sweets! So…I tried a new recipe! While you still cannot eat them every night, if you are looking for a healthier option to your traditional chocolate chip cookies, give this one a try! Pretty darn good if I don’t say so myself!
Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey (or 1/2 cup if you like it a bit sweeter)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (or if you prefer, replace with chopped nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Stir together first seven ingredients. Mix well. Make sure honey is fully incorporated.
- Add dark chocolate chips and coconut.
- Scoop with a cookie scoop onto cookie sheets. Bake 8-13 minutes or until lightly browned.