The amount of information available for people trying to make lifestyle changes towards wellness can be overwhelming. Everywhere we look (especially social media), there is a person pointing to the latest, greatest way to lose weight, get rid of wrinkles, have better eyelashes (what?!?! Haha), energy drinks, etc.
That’s why I LOVE The 21 Day FIX – it’s real, it’s sustainable, and it works!
I believe that we have everything we need to survive and thrive here on this earth accessible through nature. For thousands of years essential oils were the original remedies for the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, throughout the Bible times, and beyond. They aren’t new, but their powerful healing properties are just being rediscovered and made available to us today
To understand WHY they work, first we need to know HOW they work.
Essential Oils are:
- A complex mixtures of hundreds of compounds that can enter our bodies and affect us at a cellular level
- Different from the fatty oils we use for cooking as those are too thick to enter our bloodstream; EO’s are greaseless and never expire
- Energetic, vibrational, and LIVING attributes that cannot be mirrored by scientists in a lab
- Do not entirely behave as simple particles of matter described in terms of size, mass, and momentum; they also behave as energetic wave forms described by amplitude, phase and frequency – the same as light.
- Essential oils in the plant are the plants’ natural defense and protective mechanisms. And they work the same way in our bodies as they do in nature. They penetrate into our cell membranes and can quickly get into our bloodstream because their molecules are so very tiny. In our bodies, they help support our body systems by keeping our bodies clean and our systems functioning as they should.
- The lifeblood of a plant, and therefore have the same effect on us. They are the vibrating vehicles of living energy!
This is why they are so unbelievably good for us to inhale, put on topically, and ingest. (Not all essential oils are created the same – I can only attest to Young Living Essential Oils as they have their Seed to Seal guarantee; they grow them, test them, and bottle them – there are NO synthetics).
Essential oils have multiple uses and are great for supporting ALL body systems like the skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular, digestive, endocrine, nervous, respiratory, lymphatic, urinary, reproductive and integumentary (which is your skin) body systems – as well as the structures and functions of the body. There is both physical and emotional support that can come from using these incredible gifts.
We are learning that even though we are an advanced society, there is much to be said about living as our ancestors did when it comes to eating and what we put in our bodies – like eating locally grown food, going organic, making your own soaps, shampoos, etc. (totally not there yet though), and utilizing plants and shrubs for wellness. This is a MUCH better path than what we have been taught our whole lives.
It is definitely a mind shift and it takes baby steps to accomplish, but it’s worth it!
Some of the ways I have incorporated the essential oils into my 21 day routine is the following:
- In the morning as soon as I wake up, put a couple of drops of lemon, orange, tangerine, or grapefruit in a GLASS (remember, no plastic) of water and drink throughout your workout, and then for the rest of the day. The citrus oils help cleanse our bodies of petrochemicals and help with curbing appetites (ESPECIALLY grapefruit).
- For muscles after exercise, use Deep Relief, Peppermint, Wintergreen, or Aroma Seize.
- For inflamed or swollen joints, cypress and copaiba are natural inflammation fighters.
- Thieves on my feet a couple of days out of the week to keep my immune system up. Sometimes when we change our diets and ways of life, our immune systems depress for a bit and it becomes easier to get sick (even though we are putting MUCH better things in our bodies).
This is an FDA compliant blog, so I cannot discuss any abnormal states of the body or any diseased state of the body. Because of FDA rules and regulations, we are limited on what all we can say about essential oils. So, I really hope that you will do your own research when you can. There’s a WHOLE lot more to learn about essential oils and much of it can be found online as well through countless reference materials. Here are some resources for you:
If you have questions or want to know more, feel free to reach out and ask away. I’m happy to help!
Jennifer Burton, Young Living Representative email@example.com