We understand the Holidays are hard and yummy food is all around us. We believe you can enjoy the holidays but everything in moderation and balance. There are simple ways to stay away from the unhealthy treats and not over indulge!
Here are a few of our suggestions
- Drink Plenty of Water– sometimes when you think you are hungry or have a craving your body is just thirsty.
- Keep your blood sugar stable– keep up with your healthy meals throughout the day. Eat lots of veggies and healthy fats to keep your blood sugar stable and be sure you are eating small snacks in between breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Eat before you go to a social gathering– get those healthy foods in before you leave for you gathering. This will help you stay away from the unhealthy treats.
- Be Mindful– ask yourself do I really need or want this? Am I really hungry?
- Make sure to take your vitamins– did you know vitamins A, D and K are some of the best fats you can put in your body and help you to stay satisfied and have less cravings.